We’re facing an existential crisis. Humans have treated the planet as a bottomless ‘natural resource’ without giving due consideration to the consequences for too long.
We still have a small window to avert a complete disaster that includes unprecedented mass extinction.
Our focus for the coming decade needs to be carbon draw down, finding ways to draw down greehouse gasses out of the atmosphere, back into carbon sinks. The process for this is simple.
- STOP destroying ecosystems. Today. Every tree we cut down today is another tree that has to be planted, with a 30 year wait for it to become effective in carbon capture.
- REWILD disturbed ecosytems, allowing Nature to balance herself, restoring natural balance. We need to replace the carbon sinks, like forests, that we have destroyed, as a matter of utmost urgency. Our house is on fire.
- EDUCATE everyone on climate change, climate solutions and sustainability. Everyone. From the general public to business and government leaders. Everyone.
- LEGISLATE climate solutions and prosecute those responsibile for ecocide.
- SUCCEED in reaching Net Zero before it’s too late.
Everything we do from hereon has to be about reaching net zero as quickly as possible. The sooner we reach this the more we reduce the damage as a result of climate change.
1,5 Degrees Celsius Tipping Point
The IPCC special report on the impacts of global warming of 1.5 °C above pre-industrial levels and related global greenhouse gas emission pathways, in the context of strengthening the global response to the threat of climate change, sustainable development, and efforts to eradicate poverty can be downloaded from this link.
We must rewild the world
"To restore stability to our planet, we must restore its biodiversity, the very thing we have removed. It is the only way out of this crisis that we ourselves have created. We must rewild the world."
Sir David Attenborough, 'A Life on Our Planet - My Witness Statement and a Vision for the Future'
Project Drawdown is, in our opinion, the most comprehensive plan proposed to date to reverse global warming.
The World’s Leading Resource for Climate Solutions, Project Drawdown’s mission is to help the world reach “Drawdown”— the point in the future when levels of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere stop climbing and start to steadily decline, thereby stopping catastrophic climate change — as quickly, safely, and equitably as possible.